GENTEX HGU-56/P & 84/P MAXILLOFACIAL SHIELD
- The Gentex Maxillofacial Shield (MFS) safeguards the wearer’s lower face from rotor wash, flying debris, and windblast during helicopter operations.
- The protective shield attaches to the helmet with a complete installation kit, weighs less than five ounces, and offers an interface between shield and visor that reduces wind on the face.
- The shield also offers ballistic fragmentation protection up to 550 feet per second (fps).
- Additionally, a standard wire boom microphone or Gentex Flex Boom Microphone can be positioned behind the MFS, which significantly enhances communications clarity by reducing wind noise across the microphone(s).
- Weighs less than 150 gram.